Rycote Microphone Windshields Limited
Website Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the website under the domain name www.rycote.com (the “Site”), which is the property of Rycote Microphone Windshields Limited (“Rycote” or “we”, or “our”, as the context may require). A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the user of this Site.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as your use of the Site is subject to them. Rycote reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify or add to these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by updating them on the Site. The version of these terms and conditions current at the date you use the Site will apply. By continuing to use the Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, as they may be amended from time to time. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Site.
1. What you are allowed to do
Subject to the terms hereof, we hereby provide you with a non-exclusive, revocable, limited licence to browse the Site, view the information on it, and print and download extracts from the Site for your own use where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply and provided that at all times you do not do any of the things set out in clause 2.
2. What you are not allowed to do
Subject to these terms and conditions, you may not:
- systematically copy (whether by printing onto paper, downloading, storing on disk or in any other way), substantial parts of the Site;
- remove, change or obscure in any way anything on the Site or otherwise use any material contained on the Site except as set out in these terms and conditions;
- reproduce, re-transmit, disseminate, modify, sell, publish or broadcast the Site or any portion of it, or use the Site or anything available on it in connection with creating, promoting, trading or marketing any service, data or products without our express written consent;
- use the Site for unlawful purposes or fail to comply with any applicable laws, statutes or regulations that apply to your access or use of the Site or any information taken or derived from it.
3. Personal information
4. Copyright and Trade Marks
4.1 All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material (including, without limitation, text, photographs, logos, icons, images sound clips, video clips, data bases, page layouts, underlying codes and software), contained in the Site are either owned by us or our third party content providers. You are only allowed to use the Site and the material contained in the Site as set out in these conditions.
4.2 The Site contains certain trade marks, all of which are the property of Rycote or its third party content providers. You are not allowed to copy or otherwise use any of those trade marks in any way except as set out in these terms and conditions.
5. Visitor material and conduct
5.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or to infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
5.3 You agree that, if you post any comments on any articles or sections of the Site, you automatically grant, and represent and warrant to Rycote that you have the right to grant, a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to display such comments on the Site and any other websites operated by Rycote or its agents. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims or alleges that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site breached that third party’s legal rights.
5.4 Rycote reserves the right to delete any contribution to the Site at its sole discretion and at any time without notice. Rycote does not endorse the content of any materials submitted by a user to the Site.
5.5 The views expressed by users of the Site do not necessarily represent our views or values.
6. Exclusions and limitations of liability
6.1 We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
6.2 Subject to clause 6.1, in no event shall Rycote be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason), for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising from use of the Site.
6.3 You accept that you are solely responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Site and that your computer system is compatible with the Site.
7.1 ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY AND MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE.
7.2 ALTHOUGH WE USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THIS TO BE THE CASE. AS A RESULT, USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND RCOTE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. YOU SHOULD TAKE ADEQUATE STEPS TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE.
7.3 Information contained on the Site is not tailored to your individual situation and, as a result, such information may be unsuitable for you. No part of this Site is intended to constitute advice and the content of this Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
7.4 The Site may include advertisements and links to external sites in order to provide you with access to information and services which you may find useful or interesting. We do not endorse such sites or approve any content, information, goods or services provided by any of them. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your use of such sites or any information appearing on them.
7.5 If you wish to create a link to this Site you must contact Rycote in advance to seek permission to do so.
7.6 We are not able to exercise control over the security or content of information passing over the internet and we hereby exclude all liability of any kind for the transmission or reception of infringing or unlawful information of whatever nature.
7.7 We accept no liability for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of accessing Site content which contains any virus or which has been maliciously corrupted.
8. Availability and updating of the Site
8.1 We may suspend the operation of the Site at any time without notice. We do not warrant that access to or use of the Site or any of the pages linked to the Site will be uninterrupted or error free.
8.2 We may change the format and content of the Site at our sole discretion at any time without notice. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the Site to ensure that you access the most up-to-date version of the Site and any information appearing on it.
9. Enquiries or complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints about the Site, please call the Customer Service team on + 44 (0) 1453 759338 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. General and governing law
10.1 These terms and conditions form the entire understanding between you and us with respect to the Site and all matters referred to herein and supersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations relating to the same. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, that finding shall not affect the validity of any other provision of these terms and conditions.
10.2 Rycote will not be liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions which arises due to circumstances which Rycote cannot reasonably be expected to control.
10.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. Registered office, principal trading address and company details
Rycote Microphone Windshields Limited – Registered in England Number: 02972455
Registered office: Libby’s Drive, Slad Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 1RN
VAT Number: GB 650 9253 37
These terms and conditions were last updated on April 2014.